Friday, November 15, 2013

Quick Write #4 - Imagery


We couldn't take it anymore, we needed to get away, far away, somewhere where we wouldn't have to run anymore. So we did it, we left, we ran as far as we could till we hit the ocean. "What now?!" I screamed at my boyfriend Josh. He silently continued to pace back and forth, back and forth. "Josh they were right behind us, we need to get out of here" he just looked at me with a panicked expression. An old man with the typical sailor look must of heard our commotion and came out of his boat that was tied to the dock. "I have somewhere I can take you, there is an uncharted island not too far from here that my wife and I own" he explained. "It's no use to us and I would be more than happy to sell it to you". "Sir, we barely have any money, and nothing at all to trade" I replied. "Well how much do you have on you right now?". "Maybe five dollars between the two of us" Josh said embarrassed, heat rising in his cheeks. "That will do". Barely any money at all yet we struggled to get it together, we had just enough. We climbed aboard the boat just in time, sirens getting louder and louder, red and blue lights getting brighter through the fog. A few hours later, there it was, finally. Our island. Our very own island. It looked beautiful above the waves of fog but there was still one question to be answered; why had they sold it to us for only give dollars? This question may never be answered, though what I do know is that it was the worst five dollars we had ever spent. The moment we stepped off the boat the old man sped away faster than he drove the whole way here. I felt a chill down my spine, goose bumps rose on my skin, something just didn't feel right yet I just kept it to myself, me and Josh were finally free I thought, and that's all that mattered. A week in though, that now isn't what matters at all, there is something wrong with this island, something dark. I wish we could get out of here, but we have no way off. No boat, no phone, no shelter, barely any food. We are stranded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment